Vision and Values
SETON SCHOOL VISION
Our vision is for all of our children to have the ambition, knowledge, skills and confidence they will need to succeed, now and in the future, in our rapidly changing world.
The key principles which inform our vision and guide everything we do are:
AMBITION, COMMUNITY and EXCELLENCE.
We believe that ambition is the key to successful futures. We have a relentless determination to expose and immerse our children in a culture of ambition with the expectation that everyone can succeed, regardless of their starting points. We exemplify and insist on a can-do attitude for our children, our staff and our governors; striving for excellence in everything we do.
- We are all ambitious learners. We take pride in being part of a community of learners. Our inspirational curriculum, delivered through excellent teaching, promotes a thirst for knowledge and a sense of curiosity; sparking new interests and encouraging a passion for life-long learning.
- We are ambitious readers. We are a Reading School. We surround our children with high quality literature and exceptional reading opportunities to foster a love of reading which will open doors to a world of possibilities.
- We are ambitious for our future careers. We recognise that many of the career opportunities our children will choose from may be very different to those currently available, so explicitly teaching behaviours for learning and equipping our children with the problem-solving skills and dispositions, resilience and flexibility to transfer into work-place skills is a core aspect of our curriculum.
- We are ambitious for our children’s mental health and well-being. We know that children’s mental health is a crucial aspect of their well-being and their ability to make personal and academic progress. We are proud of our proactive approach to promoting positive mental health and to supporting difficulties at the earliest stage.
- We are ambitious for our physical health. We recognise the importance of setting good habits for physical health and we prioritise daily physical activity combined with exceptional opportunities for competitive sport.
- We are ambitious citizens. We promote a sense of responsibility to strengthen links within our school, our local and wider community; welcoming our place in a modern, multi-cultural, challenging world.
- We are ambitious for Seton’s future. We embrace innovation. We are forward-thinking and responsive to emerging research evidence, which directs our choices and guides our improvements. Our school will never stand still and determines to be restless in its pursuit of excellence.
Ambition is about opening minds as well as opening doors.